Welcome to the latest edition of Unlocking Your Greatness with Wendy Bjork. As an international bestselling author, inspirational speaker and guide to others, as well as founder of heartsofwellness.com, my mission is to empower others to live their best lives by embracing simplicity.
How to Maintain Wellness Without Overwhelm
Feeling overwhelmed is a feeling that can affect every aspect of your life. It can cause you to feel like everything is crashing down around you, and it can also make it difficult to see a way out. Stress is a natural part of life, but you can use healthy coping mechanisms to help reduce your feelings of overwhelm and find some peace in your life. If you’re struggling to maintain wellness, this article will explore five ways to achieve wellness without the overwhelm.
- Emotional wellness is the ability to recognize your own thoughts and emotions, managing them in a healthy manner. It can be impacted by the presence of unhelpful thinking patterns, trauma, or a chronic condition. Emotional wellness can be improved by practicing self-care through mindfulness, journaling, exercise, reducing screen time, and seeking support from others in your circle.
- Physical wellness includes the daily habits that are important to your body, including nutrition, sleep, and movement. It can be impacted by a lack of exercise, poor sleeping habits, and even the food you consume. Physical wellness can be improved by incorporating more organic vegetables and fruits into your diet, increasing water intake, taking a walk, and/or adding in a weekly yoga practice.
- Environmental wellness involves recognizing the impact of our personal and natural surroundings on how we feel. This can be influenced by the presence of litter, pollution, (indoor and outdoor), safety issues, and more. It can be improved by recycling, planting a garden, using natural cleaning products, and conserving energy and water.
4. Financial wellness includes the ability to save and spend money in a responsible manner, as well as managing debt. It can be affected by not having enough money, a lack of budgeting skills, and financial stress. It can be improved by being conscious of spending habits, limiting debt, and having an emergency savings plan.
5. Social wellness is the ability to recognize and cultivate relationships with other people. It can be impacted by the presence or lack of supportive friends and family members, trauma, and unhelpful thinking patterns. It can be improved by being proactive about finding support, volunteering, and developing a spiritual connection.
If you’re struggling to maintain wellness without overwhelm, it may be helpful to speak with a mental health professional or a mentor. They can help identify any underlying issues contributing to your feelings of overwhelm, as well as offer coping techniques and strategies that will work for you.
It’s also important to remember that wellness is a practice, and some days, weeks, or even months may not feel as on track as you’d like. However, it’s important to focus on the things that you can control, and not get discouraged if you miss a day or two of your wellbeing practice. After all, everyone loses momentum sometimes! The key is to regain control and keep moving forward.
Taking simple steps toward your wellbeing and goals will not only help you, but also everyone around you!
For more of a DIY approach with Wendy’s support, you can head over to the Hearts of Wellness Membership Collective and begin your journey back to simplicity, freedom and wholeness!
Feel free to message me at firstname.lastname@example.org if there is other support I can provide in living your best life. Discovering and living by your personalized playbook are important steps we can create together!
As a best-selling author, inspirational speaker and Nationally Syndicated Columnist, Wendy Bjork empowers women to see beyond whatever challenges they are navigating.
She inspires them to boldly live in acceptance, live healthy and free as she teaches them to see life in a different way to fulfill their dreams that have been left on the backburner for far too long.
Her HeartsofWellness.com platform is the place for women to begin receiving the support they are seeking as they create their roadmap back to freedom and wellness with Wendy lighting their path.
As a pioneer in advocacy and mentorship, Wendy is leading a global revolution of women walking in purpose and peace as she illumines their path ahead with the light of HOPE: Harmony, Options, Peace & Empowerment.
Follow Wendy: heartsofwellness.com/newsletter
Connect with her through social media: